Goodbye Architecture: The Architecture Of Crematoria In Europe
As people make considered choices about their own lives and deaths, cremation has become an increasingly popular option in Europe, representing a recent but accelerating change in funerary practices. What do these spaces actually look like? What role does architecture play in these rituals? Considering precisely these questions, the authors of Goodbye Architecture embarked on a unique tour of European architecture. For the first time, the spaces and practices of cremation--the sites of some of our deepest desires and fears about life and death--receive serious architectural consideration. A wide range of facilities are documented in this volume with extensive illustrations and analyses, providing a glimpse of an essential architecture often hidden in plain sight.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Nai Uitgevers Pub
- ISBN-13: 9789462084247
- ISBN: 9462084246
- Publication Year: 2018