Good News From Tinyville: Stories Of Hope And Heart
From this fictional, but very real, setting come seventeen story-sermons designed to inspire, amuse, and enlighten. Besides young Jackson Lewis Hillman, you'll meet such characters as Reverend Hubris, who learns a lesson about compassion, and the crazy old man who preached to shoes; and you will muse on topics from table manners, to the turn of the century, to why Jackson thinks his Momma is God. For pastors who want tips on how to make Allen's charming narrative preaching style their own, a final chapter contains the author's commentary on how the stories relate to the biblical texts on which they are based or the occasion in which they were preached.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Chalice Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780827212428
- ISBN: 0827212429
- Publication Year: 1999