Good Luck Gold
Janet Wong is the leading Asian American poet for children and her first book, Good Luck Gold, is considered a classic in multicultural literature. Good Luck Gold is approaching its 20th anniversary; it was the first collection of children's poetry to include Asian American themes. Janet Wong's sometimes poignant, sometimes humorous, and always original poems explore her Chinese and Korean heritage in a book about "just growing up" in contemporary America. This edition of Wong's original 42 poems includes the often-reprinted "Waiting at the Railroad Cafe," "Noise," and "Noodles," plus a new Author's Note at the end. Janet Wong received the Recognition of Merit Award from the Claremont Graduate School for this first collection as well as her second collection, A Suitcase of Seaweed (a NYPL Best Book for the Teen Age and a NCSS Notable Trade Book).
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781469905150
- ISBN: 1469905159
- Publication Year: 2012