Glory, Azure And Gold: The Stained Glass Windows Of Thomas Denny
This is the first book to be published on the stained-glass art of Thomas Denny. While his name is known mainly within ecclesiastical and glass-making circles, it is likely that Denny's art is instantly recognisable to a great many more. His radiant windows in Gloucester, Durham and Hereford Cathedrals and in many churches and chapels around the UK are arguably some of the art world's best-kept secrets. Denny (b.1956) originally studied painting at Edinburgh College of Art and has translated this painterly experience into a uniquely expressive style of stained glass. His works combine the aesthetic invention of modern British forbears such as John Piper with subtle reference to the medieval and ancient past. Including eleven heartfelt essays as well as poetry and the artist's own testimony, which explore and explain the subject matter, techniques and dazzling effect of Denny's craft, this book will be of interest to members of the thriving community of contemporary glass-makers as well as anyone who has seen and been moved by his work.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lund Humphries Pub Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781848222281
- ISBN: 1848222289
- Publication Year: 2017