Gerald Wiggins Trio
Due to his skills as an accompanist and his work in Hollywood, Gerald Wiggins has always been a bit underrated, but the pianist has long had his own style within the swing/bop tradition. For this trio date (originally out on Tampa and reissued by V.S.O.P.), Wig is teamed with bassist Joe Comfort and drummer Bill Douglass for a set of seven standards and two originals. The music swings with both subtlety and soul, and the overall results are quite enjoyable. Highlights include "Love for Sale," Duke Ellington's "I Don't Know What Kind of Blues I Got," "Surrey with the Fringe on Top" and "The Man That Got Away." ~ Scott Yanow, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: VSOP
- UPC: 722937002826