Geography In Bangladesh: Concepts, Methods And Applications
This book provides an overview of the emergence of geography as a discipline in Bangladesh and the contributions made by local geographers towards the development of the country. It explores problems associated with population growth and poverty, landlessness and food security, land use and natural resource management, urbanism, climate change, disaster management and human health. The volume shows how research and the study of geography in the `periphery' can contribute in achieving progress in countries like Bangladesh and help them prepare against imminent disasters, ecological, social, economic shocks and uncertainties. This book will be useful to students and researchers of geography, environment studies, disaster management, development studies, geoinformatics, geology, demography, sociology and South Asian studies with a particular focus on Bangladesh. It will also interest various policy makers and NGO professionals working in these and related fields.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge India
- ISBN-13: 9781138570610
- ISBN: 1138570613
- Publication Year: 2019