Genetically Modified Foods: Safety Issues : Developed From A Symposium Sponsored By The Division Of Agricultural And Food Chemistry At The 208th National Meeting Of The American
Presents concepts and principles underlying the safety assessment of foods and food ingredients produced via recombinant DNA techniques. Addresses issues of antibiotic resistance and potentially increased allergenicity. Discusses recent progress and current state of the art in the application of genetic engineering in the production of foods. Covers fundamental aspects of this promising area and describes some commercial applications which have entered or are about to enter the market. Outlines official viewpoints of government representatives from the United States, Europe, and Japan on creating a framework for regulatory oversight of genetically modified foods.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Amer Chemical Society
- ISBN-13: 9780841233201
- ISBN: 0841233209
- Publication Year: 1995