Gaia: The Practical Science Of Planetary Medicine
James Lovelock's hypothesis, that the Earth is a living organism, has changed people's view of the world. This book addresses planetary health, the diagnosis of its sickness, prognosis for recovery and prescriptions for treatment. What is happening to our planet? Are the greenhouse fever and the ulcerated ozone layer early warning symptoms of a planetary illness? Is the human race a multiplying disease organism? Is the illness fatal? Can it be treated? These are some of the questions posed in this book by the originator of the Gaia hypothesis. Is there a science that can help us answer such questions? According to Lovelock, yes there is - the new science of geophysiology, or "planetary medicine". The planetary doctor's prescriptions are to be found in this book.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Gaia Books
- ISBN-13: 9781856750400
- ISBN: 185675040X
- Publication Year: 1991