From Yellow Footprints To Pass In Review And Beyond: One Marine's Journey
In his sixth book to date, Author Gene Hays recounts his career in the U.S. Marine Corps and later years working in defense contracting. This autobiography is full of pictures and commentary of the many duty stations where Hays served both in the U.S. and Southeast Asia. He also recounts the differences over the conduct of the war in Vietnam that existed between military commanders in Vietnam and how the Marine Corps overcame and managed to be successful in I Corps. Hays' travels to Western Europe and the Middle East gives the reader insight into different cultures and customs. Hays has travelled to Japan, Okinawa, Vietnam, Thailand and the Philippines. He also has traveled to England, France, Belgium and the Netherlands. For Marines and others interested, he gives an inside look at Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps and how policies and orders are carried out. Few people have ever worked and lived in Saudi Arabia and fewer yet in Jeddah on the Red Sea. Hays gives insight into his perspectives on the culture and religion of Islam. Full of pictures and commentaries, this is an interesting and insightful autobiography.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781495299179
- ISBN: 1495299171
- Publication Year: 2014