From Plantations To Prisons: A Riveting True Account Of A Family's Journey Into History
The true story of a biracial love affair that predates the Civil War. Their love began in the shadows of slavery deep in the emerald-green forest of North Carolina. Their descendants sought validation in the sleepy hollows of Southeastern Ohio past the river's shores - from the plantations of Halifax County, North Carolina to the banks of the Ohio River. The 'family stories' were taken with a 'grain of salt' until April, Gerry, and Melony attended a family reunion several years ago. They became more and more curious with age but still had no idea that the 'truth' in their family was indeed stranger than fiction. "From Plantations to Prisons" is authored by three female decendants of the slave girl and her master's son. As first cousins, April, Gerry, and Melony all grew up together in Southeastern Ohio listening to family stories passed down through the years. The women had no idea their family story is not only a lesson in unconditional love for family, but also a lesson so rich in our American history.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781468105025
- ISBN: 1468105027
- Publication Year: 2011