From Occupation To Independence: A Short History Of The Peoples Of The English Speaking Caribbean Region
Richard Hart's concise and accessible history of the peoples of the English-speaking West Indies spans five centuries, from the early days of settlement, through colonisation to the achievement of political independence. Covering all the larger territories Hart focuses on the key events, significant political and social movements and prominent figures in the region's history. He looks at the slave trade and its overwhelming social and economic legacy during the last two centuries, and at the growth and structure of colonial resistance. Hart also considers the impact of colonial legislation and the effects of constitutional change on non-whites of the region, and their struggle for enfranchisement and self determination.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pluto Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780745313825
- ISBN: 0745313825
- Publication Year: 1998