It is August 1711 and Annie Jansz is sailing from Zeeland with her family to a new life in Java on board the East Indian ship Zuytdorp, cooped up in a tiny stinking cabin with her feckless father, pregnant mother and their servant, May. The voyage takes much longer than anticipated and disease, death and intrigue mean that Annie has to grow up fast. Her family starts to disintegrate and, increasingly, Francois, a young Norwegian midshipman, is the only person she can trust. In a violent storm, the Zuytdorp is wrecked; although both Annie and Francois survive, it is then that their struggles really begin.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Troika Books
- ISBN-13: 9781909991491
- ISBN: 190999149X
- Publication Year: 2018