Food: The Chemistry Of Its Components
This volume provides a detailed account of the chemistry of the principal substances of which our food is composed. Both the macro-components - the carbohydrates, lipids and proteins which can be classified by their chemical structures - and the micro-components, the colours, flavours, vitamins and preservatives which are classified in terms of function, are considered. Throughout the book, the author's theme is the relationship between the chemical structure of a substance and its contribution to the properties and behaviour of foodstuffs - whether observed in the laboratory, the factory, the kitchen or the dining room. The book should be of use to students and teachers of food science and related courses in universities, colleges of further education and schools.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Royal Society of Chemistry
- ISBN-13: 9780851864334
- ISBN: 0851864333
- Publication Year: 1989
- Edition: 2 SUB