Director Tay Garnett was still billing himself as "Taylor" when he helmed the patchy actioner The Flying Fool. The title character, played by William "Hopalong Cassidy" Boyd, is a fearless aviator; his brother, Russell Gleason, is Boyd's rival in the air and on the ground. Both brothers vie for the attention of svelte nightclub singer Marie Prevost, who is faithful to both in her fashion. Boyd wins the girl, but that's hardly the end of the story. A lengthy vignette from The Flying Fool resurfaced in the late 1970s as a prime example of a "bad" early talkie on a TV retrospective of Hollywood in the 1920s. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Gotham (DBA Alpha)
- UPC: 089218640598
- Region: Region [unknown]