Flashback With Ray Charles
This budget set is only ten songs long, but it does capture Ray Charles at his early best, featuring his various hit singles for Atlantic Records, including "I've Got a Woman," "Drown in My Own Tears," "Hallelujah I Love Her So," "Lonely Avenue," and "(Night Time Is) The Right Time" from the 1950s, just before Charles left the label to sign with ABC Records. These are the records that found Charles putting his gospel roots together with his country, jazz, and R&B roots for one of the most innovative and important cross-pollinations in the history of American pop music. It came to be called soul, and it starts with these powerful sides. ~ Steve Leggett, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Rhino Flashback (Label)
- UPC: 081227976330