First Light In Morning Star
"In the second Maidels of Morning Star novel by fan-favorite author Charlotte Hubbard, the five friends who have teamed up to transform an abandoned barn into an Amish marketplace are enjoying the success of their fledgling enterprise. What's even more remarkable is the gift the business bestows upon each of these unmarried women--the unexpected blessing of love as the new school teacher and the bishop find strength in their growing bond. Leaving Flaud's Furniture to teach at the community's new school is a joy for Lydianne Christner. Old Order Amish, but new to Morning Star, she's grateful that the congregation trusts her with the position--but she panics when handsome Bishop Jeremiah Shetler asks about the life she left behind. If anyone discovers the secret she's hiding, she would, quite rightly, be shunned. A widower, Bishop Jeremiah admires young Lydianne's youthful energy and skill with the children. He's also curious about her past, and the burden he senses on her heart. When his request to court her is refused, he's stung, and lonelier than ever. It isn't until a crisis prompts a tearful Lydianne to confess to him that Jeremiah is faced with a choice that requires all of his faith--and teaches them both that love and forgiveness go hand in hand."--Provided by publisher.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Mass Market Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Frisco
- Seller rating:
- Language: --
- Publisher: Zebra
- ISBN-13: 9781420151824
- ISBN: 1420151827
- Publication Year: 2020