Fire & Blood: The Burning Of Washington & The Battle Of New Orleans, 1814, Through The Eyes Of A Young British Soldier
FROM VICTORY TO DEFEAT IN AMERICA This is an account of a young Subaltern of the British Army in Southern France at the time of Napoleon's abdication, who fifi nds himself celebrating the end of hostilities in a way that belies his true emotions. He needs a good war. Enthusiastically he embarks for the war in America, where he takes part in the landings, the Battle of Bladensburg and witnesses the fall and burning of Washington and the attack on Baltimore. After fifi erce fifi ghts with American Regulars and Militia Riflfl emen, and sea battles with Privateers, events turn to the fateful attack on New Orleans and scenes of one of bloodiest actions experienced by the British in America - all is graphically related by a serving soldier who was an active participant.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781846771637
- ISBN: 1846771633
- Publication Year: 2007