Fire And Blood: The European Civil War 1914 1945
Europe's second Thirty Years War an epoch of blood and ashesThis book explores the entanglement between politics, culture and violence in the age of the European civil war (1914 45). In these cataclysmic three decades, the old continent experienced a new fusion of warm and cold violence, of unchained passions and industrial, rationalized massacre. The dialectic of a century forged by the Soviets and Auschwitz, by revolution and genocide, is the subject of this book in which Traverso scrutinizes multiple sources spanning from political theory and philosophy to literature and the arts. Rejecting commonplace notions of the age of totalitarianism, his book rediscovers the passions and ideas of an age of intellectual and political commitment when, for the last time, Europe shaped world history with its own collapse.
- Condition: Used - Fine/Like New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Hulen
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Verso Books
- ISBN-13: 9781784781330
- ISBN: 1784781339
- Publication Year: 2016