Federal Appellate Practice And Procedure In A Nutshell
This Nutshell provides a comprehensive overview of federal appellate practice and procedure, suitable for practicing lawyers as a deskbook, and for law students as a study aid. It focuses both on the federal courts of appeals and on the US Supreme Court. Federal circuit court topics include, among others, preservation of error, the final judgment rule and its exceptions, the notice of appeal, parties to the appeal, relief pending appeal, standards and scope of review, briefing and oral argument, alternative dispute resolution, entry of judgment, and rehearing en banc. Supreme Court topics include, among others, jurisdiction over federal cases, jurisdiction over state cases, the certiorari process, original jurisdiction, briefing and oral argument, and the role of the Solicitor General. Also included are discussions of the structure and caseloads of the federal appellate system, appellate ethics and professionalism, certification of issues to state courts, and the future of appellate justice.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: West Academic
- ISBN-13: 9780314289315
- ISBN: 0314289313
- Publication Year: 2017
- Edition: 2 New