Farewell Fantasyland: Time For Economic And Political Reality
Historical precedent, statistics, and current events overwhelmingly favor traditional liberal economic policies. Why, then, are liberals having so much trouble getting their message across? It's all in how they are framing their arguments, and in their reluctance to confront, head-on, significant public biases and misconceptions.The illustrated Farewell Fantasyland addresses these problems by taking the reader step-by-step through a series of basic realities, from "wealth consists of products and services," to "globalization is our nation's disaster." Among other realities explained: government made our economy the greatest in the world; wealth is a zero-sum game; conservatives sold us trade based on sound economic principles, but gave us trade based on destroying working-class wages; more education won't help workers as a class; liberal fiscal policies, not WWII, got us out of the Great Depression; estate taxes are not death taxes; all societies are always governed all the time; the world is not flat; economics is philosophy, not science; and much, much more.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Charles m Kelly
- ISBN-13: 9780615272023
- ISBN: 0615272029
- Publication Year: 2009