Farewell Fantasyland: Time For Economic And Political Reality
Historical precedent, statistics, and current events overwhelmingly favor traditional liberal economic policies. Why, then, are liberals having so much trouble getting their message across? It's all in how they are framing their arguments, and in their reluctance to confront, head-on, significant public biases and misconceptions.The illustrated Farewell Fantasyland addresses these problems by taking the reader step-by-step through a series of basic realities, from "wealth consists of products and services," to "globalization is our nation's disaster." Among other realities explained: government made our economy the greatest in the world; wealth is a zero-sum game; conservatives sold us trade based on sound economic principles, but gave us trade based on destroying working-class wages; more education won't help workers as a class; liberal fiscal policies, not WWII, got us out of the Great Depression; estate taxes are not death taxes; all societies are always governed all the time; the world is not flat; economics is philosophy, not science; and much, much more.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Charles m Kelly
- ISBN-13: 9780615272023
- ISBN: 0615272029
- Publication Year: 2009