Lily Fowler is alone, frightened and heavily pregnant on the streets of Hull, after her husband's attempt to sell her in a wife sale. Shunned by society, Lily struggles to find a respectable job, but her search is futile and she is forced to work in a brothel. She finds unexpected solace in the company the other women and together they strive to escape their miserable surroundings. United by bonds far stronger than normal friendship, these fallen angels bid farewell to the slums and, to their very great surprise, the happy endings none of them dared to dream of begin to materialize.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Ulverscroft Large Print Books
- ISBN-13: 9780750529549
- ISBN: 0750529547
- Publication Year: 2008
- Edition: LRG