Faith Wilding's Fearful Symmetries
Deeply influenced by studies of female iconology, the medieval, the subconscious, and hybrid bodies, Faith Wilding's art is instantly recognizable.. In keeping with Wilding's own artworks, this book is a bricolage: memoirs and watercolors sit alongside critical essays and family photographs to form an overall history of both Wilding's life and works as well as the wider feminist art movement of the 1970s and beyond. This collection spans fifty years of Wilding's artistic production, feminist art pedagogy, and participation in, and organizing of, feminist art collectives, such as the Feminist Art Program, Womanhouse, Womanspace Gallery, and the Woman's Building. Featuring contributions from scholars and artists, including Amelia Jones, the book is the first of its kind to celebrate the career of an artist who helped shape the feminist art of today. Intimate, philosophical, and insightful, Faith Wilding's Fearful Symmetries is a beautiful book intended for artists, scholars, and a broader audience.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Intellect L & D E F A E
- ISBN-13: 9781783207817
- ISBN: 1783207817
- Publication Year: 2019