Fabian is the story of a fox cub who is irresistibly drawn into the human world by the sheer force of his wonderment of life. Fabian's mother and father warn him of the perils he will face, but the little cub determinely dsetys forth, full of boundless hopesd and dreams. He soon encounters Erica, a wise and worldly mallard, who explains that humans are his enemies. But Fabian remains undeterred, hoping to make friends with a kind-looking boy he often sees by a pond. The cub and the boy bond, but trouble looms as a sixth-grade bully takes a dislike to the boy and to Fabian. Fabian helps the boy defend against the bully. The bully sets out to seek revenge. And from there the tale takes on greater meaning. Traps, hunts and escapes. This until Fabian ages, and returns to the fox world to continue on with his life. A story, yes, but also a reading/teaching tool. The book also has been recorded by Montana Talking Books Library, affiliate of the U.S Library of Congress for its sight disadvantaged patrons.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780974446516
- ISBN: 0974446513
- Publication Year: 2003