Experiment: New Bauhaus Photography Chicago
This lavishly illustrated volume looks from both sides of the Atlantic at 80 years of photography from Chicago. At the New Bauhaus and what later became the Institute of Design, teachers like Laszlo Moholy - Nagy, Gyorgy Kepes and spater Arthur Siegel, Harry Callahan and Aaron Siskind taught an uninhibited approach to the medium which influenced generations of photographers. To mark the start of the great Bauhaus anniversary in 2019, the Bauhaus Archiv / Museum fur Gestaltung Berlin is presenting its collecti on of "New Bauhaus Photography" which is unique in Europe. It introduces the protagonists and institutions who since the foundation of the New Bauhaus in Chicago in 1937 have inspired, created and collected photography and then presented it to the public. The wide range of illustrations extends from abstract photograms and material experiments to conceptual and process - oriented works series. Contemporary works from Chicago complete the picture and reflect the importance of the Bauhaus thought process for th e present day.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hirmer Verlag
- ISBN-13: 9783777429373
- ISBN: 3777429376
- Publication Year: 2018