Eu Presidencies Between Politics And Administration: The Governmentality Of The Polish, Danish And Cypriot Trio Presidency In 2011 2012
This book offers the first comprehensive analysis after the Lisbon Treaty came into force of the EU Presidency's impact on national administrations in the Member States of Poland, Denmark and Cyprus before, during and after the Presidency. Placing the practical issues facing officials and policy-makers into a "governmentality" framework, it analyses the impact on the daily activities of bureaucrats and ministers. The book utilises comprehensive and novel empirical material including around 100 interviews with key officials, documentary sources and academic literature. It uncovers the kind of negotiations, management and coordination triggered by the immense challenge of presiding over the EU -including being a part of a Trio. This text will be of key interest to scholars, students of political science, European Union studies and public administration, as well as more broadly to Comparative Politics and International Relations. It will also be of interest to officials and policy members in EU Member states approaching the Presidency.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9780367173586
- ISBN: 0367173581
- Publication Year: 2019