Ethical And Legal Requirements Of Transnational Genetic Research
With the advancement of molecular technologies, genetic research has made enormous progress over the last decade. To facilitate genetic research, the collection, the integration, and the exploitation of data are prerequisite. However, genetic data - which provides information not only about the individual person, but also about his/her family, parentage, and ethnic decent - is regarded as both the most valuable and vulnerable data, worthy of protection by any and all means. On the other hand, clinical research makes it necessary to disclose and exchange genetic data. In order to resolve this dilemma, ethical and legal requirements must be observed. To this end, this book provides an in-depth overview of the respective requirements. It examines the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and its impact on Trans-European Research Projects and other genetic research networks. The book will appeal to both academics and professionals in various fields including medical law, biotechnology, ethics, and policy making.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hart Pub Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781849461283
- ISBN: 1849461287
- Publication Year: 2010
- Edition: 1