Ethical And Legal Requirements Of Transnational Genetic Research
With the advancement of molecular technologies, genetic research has made enormous progress over the last decade. To facilitate genetic research, the collection, the integration, and the exploitation of data are prerequisite. However, genetic data - which provides information not only about the individual person, but also about his/her family, parentage, and ethnic decent - is regarded as both the most valuable and vulnerable data, worthy of protection by any and all means. On the other hand, clinical research makes it necessary to disclose and exchange genetic data. In order to resolve this dilemma, ethical and legal requirements must be observed. To this end, this book provides an in-depth overview of the respective requirements. It examines the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and its impact on Trans-European Research Projects and other genetic research networks. The book will appeal to both academics and professionals in various fields including medical law, biotechnology, ethics, and policy making.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: --
- Publisher: Beck/Hart
- ISBN-13: 9781849461283
- ISBN: 1849461287
- Publication Year: 2010