The Essential Indigo Girls
As career retrospectives go, it's hard to argue against Epic/Legacy's Essential Indigo Girls being anything other than the last word, especially after less meaty trips down the "greatest-hits" aisle like 1999's 4.5: The Best of the Indigo Girls, 2000's Retrospective, and 2009's Playlist: The Very Best of Indigo Girls. The two-disc, 37-track set dutifully charts Amy Ray and Emily Saliers' ascension from an affable yet feisty Athens, Georgia-based folk duo to uncompromising, politically active D.I.Y. icons who would go on to sell millions of records, offering up a slew of radio hits ("Closer to Fine," "Hammer and a Nail," and "Galileo") and fan favorites ("Power of Two," "Fugitive," "Become You") culled from between 1985 and 2011 and perfectly encapsulating their pop, folk, and roots rock acumen. ~ James Christopher Monger, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Epic (USA)
- UPC: 887654262127