Escape!: How A Young American And A Famous Soviet Scientist Deceived The Kgb And Defected Together To America
RESCUE MISSION MOSCOW Imagine this scenario: you re an American who's been thrust into the heart of the Soviet Union during the Cold War where the KGB controls everything. International travel is closed except to an elite few and there is practically no way of contacting home even short-wave radio is jammed. Food is scarce and material possessions are almost nonexistent. Such was the case for young scientist, Robert Hoffman. There were almost no supplies, poor and broken-down equipment and manuals he could hardly understand. Despite all of these disadvantages, he found solace with the scientists in Moscow and found a band of men and women who could have competed with the best in the world. The brightest young star of the Moscow scientific community was a young man named Alex Varshavsky, who had dreamed for many years of escaping the prison that was the Soviet Union. After befriending Alex, Hoffman vowed to get him out of the country. But, was he smart enough to concoct an escape plan that could be hidden from the KGB? Maybe but for how long?
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Arbor Books
- ISBN-13: 9780979411892
- ISBN: 0979411890
- Publication Year: 2008