Engaging Activities For Critical Thinking: The National Student Sucess Institute: Connecting, Supporting, And Empowering
Infuse student success into any program with our Engaging Activities for Series. Written and compiled by National Student Success Institute (NSSI ) co-founders Amy Baldwin, Steve Piscitelli, and Robert Sherfield, the material is sure to connect, support, and empower educators in the Two-Year, Technical, and Career Colleges. These booklets contain strategies, procedural information, and activities that you can use with your students immediately. My students do not know how to think critically. This common lament can be heard from teachers on campuses around the nation. Many students come to college having little experience with higher-level thinking skills. They are used to repeating or spitting back information. But when students are asked to apply or evaluate information teachers are often met with blank stares. Amy, Steve, and Robb have developed this practical compilation, Engaging Activities for Critical Thinking, as an indispensable, hands-on resource for educators to address the topic of critical thinking. This booklet will empower teachers, professional development coordinators, coaches, and administrators with tools to actively engage in their classes. They are confident you will find these activities as useful as they have with their students. If you like this NSSI Booklet on Engaging Activities for Critical Thinking, you will love the series: Academic Success, Retention, Active Learning, Understanding the Culture of College, and Motivation.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pearson College Div
- ISBN-13: 9780137050246
- ISBN: 0137050240
- Publication Year: 2009