En Mana Kuoyo
When listening to this album, one is struck immediately by the unique sound. The powerful, resonating nyatiti (a stringed instrument similar to the lyre) and Ogada's reflective, subdued vocals are unlike anything you've ever heard. They're also almost the only things you will hear on this disc, the only embellishment being the occasional light percussion or wind instrument. Ogada sings in his native Kenyan tongue, of the beliefs and traditions of his people. "Go far, see the world, but don't forget where you come from," he intones in the song "Chiro," a sentiment he has obviously taken to heart. There are no pounding rhythms on this record, nothing you can dance to, but it is memorable nonetheless, and makes a strong case for the beauty of restraint. ~ Steve McMullen, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB North Lamar
- Seller rating:
- Label: Real World Records
- UPC: 017046233521