Electronic Trading & Blockchain: Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow
Trading floors in the 60s and 70s involved hundreds of people shouting bids and offers in multi-coloured jackets standing next to each other in different pits, gesticulating with their hands. The decibel levels were extremely high, so high that traders who traded every day had hearing problems later in life. In 1980, the first widely used electronic trading exchange was established.On September 1, 1969, the California Commodity Advisory Research Project (CCARP) was formed and housed at UC Berkeley. The project's first aim was to examine the feasibility of an electronic, for-profit exchange. At the time, there were only 12 exchanges worldwide, and none were for-profit -- or electronic. Read first-hand from Richard Sandor, the project director and how CCARP was 20 years too early for the financial world.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: World Scientific Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9789813233775
- ISBN: 981323377X
- Publication Year: 2018