Doomed, Unless: How Climate Change And Political Correctness Will Destroy Modern Civilization
In this book, you will learn how political correctness has greatly underestimated climate change impacts and overestimated the benefits of new technologies. This is a recipe for disaster. There is still hope if we eliminate political correctness from climate policy, as many options are available to save modern civilization.QUOTES FROM ENERGY EXPERTSLuc Gagnon's book is a breath of fresh air in the climate debate. Based on rigorous analysis and a critical eye refined over his long career, the author offers us a raw picture of the failure of climate policies. Too often, these policies are fueled by good thinking and political correctness rather than by facts... A book to read and discuss absolutely.- Normand Mousseau, Professor, Physical Science, Montreal UniversityWe need a new way of understanding the energy transition. This book sheds a harsh light on why inertia is winning, despite the importance of our scientific knowledge...Almost no one has the courage to clearly identify (the needed) changes for fear of offending this or that group. Luc Gagnon has that courage.- Pierre-Olivier Pineau, Professor, Hautes ???tudes Commerciales, Montreal UniversityThe author has the lucidity to accept the real causes plaguing humanity and ultimately threatening its survival. Clearly, without deceit. An essential work.- Jean-Fran???ois Lefebvre, Sustainable Development, Quebec University. at Montreal
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: --
- Publisher: Tellwell Talent
- ISBN-13: 9780228883630
- ISBN: 0228883636
- Publication Year: 2022