Don't Kill The Messenger
East meets West nearly a decade after the collapse of the USSR.Peter Babat, an American bioenvironmental engineer is in Moscow in an official capacity to analyze the long-term effects of the nuclear accident at Chernobyl in 1986. In a chance encounter, he meets beautiful temptress Verushka Dobrovna and her liberated sisters, a few of Russia's enchantresses who send him into a tailspin of memories. With artful storytelling and unforgettable characters, DON T KILL THE MESSENGER dispels certain myths, and traces complicated relationships played out against a backdrop of a nation recovering from a tumultuous time. Peter is introduced to a new breed of intelligentsia of writers, dissidents, academics, scientists, ethnocentric scholars, and some who sound like American libertarians, eager to confide their country's problems and his concept of Russia changes as he has a showdown of himself and embarks in a burgeoning romance.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781492219910
- ISBN: 1492219916
- Publication Year: 2014