Diversity: A Special Issue Of The Journal Of Mass Media Ethics
In preparing for the 21st century, professionals are challenged to be more cognizant of the changing demographics in society. Sometimes described as a quilt, this societal fabric is a beautiful tapestry that includes many people of color and different cultures. But the questions are: * Do journalists and researchers understand these issues? * Are they aware of cultural norms and differences? * Do they even value diversity? Regardless of the answers, the questions will continually be asked. While diversity and ethical issues have always crossed paths, this collection of essays discusses some of the challenges faced when ethics and diversity intersect. Contributors offer some suggestions and food for thought on how to begin to deal with ethics and diversity at media crossroads. These articles are just the beginning of the dialogue that needs to take place and are meant to inspire journalists and researchers to begin the task of looking down a road that will continuously bring new challenges.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780805898903
- ISBN: 0805898905
- Publication Year: 1996