Discrete Event Physics: Space And Time
"Discrete Event Physics" introduces a new branch of Physics directly concerned with elucidating the meaning of concepts traditionally studied in that discipline. It is complementary to Mathematical and Experimental Physics, being focused on the same ideas but having different specific goals. The theory has a fundamentally dynamic nature, its basic ingredients being structured discrete events, causal relations between events, and event properties. Formal languages are defined for defining events and properties and for comparing definitions, in particular definitions formulated in different paradigms. The theoretical ideas are exemplified by applications to Space and Time. In this context possible answers to many of the most fundamental unresolved problems in Physics are suggested: . the nature of time, its apparent continuity, its apparent flow and directionality . the nature of space, its apparent continuity, and the reasons behind its dimensionality . the nature of matter . the possible utility of numbers in defining meaning
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Iuniverse Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780595331451
- ISBN: 0595331459
- Publication Year: 2004