Dinner With A Cannibal: The Complete History Of Mankind's Oldest Taboo
Presenting the history of cannibalism in concert with human evolution, this account takes readers on an astonishing trip around the world and throughout history, painting the incredible, multifaceted realities of cannibalism. Focusing on how cannibalism began with the human species and how it has become an unspeakable taboo today, this study answers questions such as where, when, and how did shame and secrecy become connected with cannibalism? Why did some cannibals consume their enemies while others consumed their dead relatives? Did the eating of human flesh make them crazy? and What does it taste like? With careful anthropological and archaeological analysis and the telling of fascinating stories from around the world, this remarkable resource also includes details on the most famous real-life instances of cannibalism-including the Alive! incident in the Andes and the German Butcher of Hannover-and facts on infamous fictional cannibals such as Hannibal Lecter.--From the publisher.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Dublin
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Santa Monica Pr Llc
- ISBN-13: 9781595800305
- ISBN: 1595800301
- Publication Year: 2008