Digital Endocasts: From Skulls To Brains
This book is dedicated to a specific component of paleoneurology, probably the most essential one: endocasts. A series of original papers collected here focuses on describing methods and techniques that are dedicated to reconstruct and study fossil endocasts through computed tools. The book is particularly oriented toward hominid paleoneurology, although it also includes chapters on different taxa to provide a more general view of current perspectives and problems in evolutionary neuroanatomy. The first part of the book concerns techniques and tools to cast endocranial anatomy. The second part deals with computed morphometrics, and the third part is devoted to comparative neurobiology. Those who want to approach the field in general terms will find this book especially helpful, as will those researchers working with endocranial anatomy and brain evolution. The book will also be useful for researchers and graduate students in anthropology, bioarchaeology, medicine, and related fields.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Verlag
- ISBN-13: 9784431565802
- ISBN: 4431565809
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: 1