Diamond Nebula: A Novel
In this intriguing novel, set in the twenty-third century, Jeremy Reed brings his creative inventiveness and poetic vision into full play. Moving dreamlike in a surreal landscape, metamorphosed by what is termed the 'change-over', are five survivors: Arc, a film director; Marilyn, Arc's transsexual lover; Zap, a painter; Cindy, a writer; and Johnny, a musician. As the narrative unfolds we become aware that Arc has created a videoscape, a fiction invented by his camera. Obsessed by three icons of twentieth-century culture, David Bowie, novelist J.G. Ballard, and painter Andy Warhol, Arc retreats into a world of hallucinatory dimensions, to find his obsessive fantasies turn finally into chilling realities.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Trafalgar Square
- ISBN-13: 9780720608915
- ISBN: 0720608910
- Publication Year: 1995