Debating Federalism: From The Founding To Today
Federalism-the division of authority between the states and the federal government-ranks among the most important and lasting political and constitutional contributions of the American founders. Since the founding, however, Americans have engaged in a perpetual argument over federalism's proper structure and function. Arranged thematically and covering the entire span of American history, Debating Federalism: From the Founding to Today provides readers with the sources necessary to trace and understand this perennial debate. By examining the theoretical, polemical, political arguments as well as landmark Supreme Court cases, this collection reveals the continuing relevance and contentiousness of federalism in the American constitutional order.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lexington Books
- ISBN-13: 9781498542876
- ISBN: 1498542875
- Publication Year: 2018