Dante Metamorphoses: Episodes In A Literary Afterlife
The essays in this volume pinpoint moments in Dante's literary fortune between the fifteenth and nineteenth centuries and in four different countries - Italy, Spain, Germany and England. They are: Landmarks of Dante's Fortuna in the Florentine Quattrocento: Corinna Salvadori (TCD); Lovers in hell: fifteenth-century Spanish representations: Nicholas Round (U Sheffield); Ariosto on Dante: too divine and Florentine: Eric Haywood (UCD); Dante in the poetic theory and practice of Tommaso Campanella: Enzo No Girardi (Catholic U. Milan); Dante, Spinoza and Goethe: Daniel Farrelly (UCD); "Dante the Popular Cantastorie: Carlo Porta's dialect translation of the Commedia: Verina Jones (U Reading); 'Woe to thee, Simon Magus!': Henry Cary's translation of Inferno XIX": Edoardo Crisafulli (U Manchester); Dante and George Eliot: Andrew Thompson (U Genoa); Francesca da Rimini from romanticism to decadence : Deirdre O'Grady (UCD).
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Four Courts Pr Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781851826629
- ISBN: 1851826629
- Publication Year: 2003