Daniel H. Kean 1850 1926: The Architect And Builder Of The Western Frontier: A Tribute To His Life And Times
Like his father before him, Daniel H. Kean was an architect and builder of his time, who built structures, part of a railroad, hotels, banks and residences across the western United States. He began his life-long work starting in Chicago working as a carpenter. Kean later traveled west to Pittsburg, Crawford County, Kansas where he married and had a family firstly of two children. While there he built many residential homes, a one-mile railroad track for the St. Louis, Pittsburg & Southern Railroad including the coal shaft for the Pittsburg Coal Company plant. He also built two new wings of the Yankton, South Dakota Insane Hospital and escaped the jaws of certain death when the walls gave in. Kean was later arrested for perjury and alleged work negligence. He was considered a prominent businessman of his time and established a jewelry store in Canton, South Dakota and later a shoe store in Perry, Noble County, Oklahoma where the family settled in 1895 before moving to Oklahoma City. This then is the narrative of the life and times of Daniel H. Kean, a builder and architect of the American West.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781542707565
- ISBN: 1542707560
- Publication Year: 2017