Crisis And Control: The Militarization Of Protest Policing
Crisis and Control explains how neoliberal shifts in political and economic systems are transforming the policing of protest, based on a compelling empirical study of police agencies and practices from 1995 until the present.Lesley J. Wood shows that the increasing role of the security and defense industries, professional police associations, anti-terrorism initiatives and the diffusion of 'best practices' amongst policing networks have accelerated the use of less lethal weapons, pre-emptive arrests and barricading strategies against protesters. Crisis and Control uses novel theoretical and methodological approaches and a unique range of empirical data to make an important and radical contribution to a growing field.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pluto Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780745333885
- ISBN: 0745333885
- Publication Year: 2014