Cosmology, Calendars, And Horizon Based Astronomy In Ancient Mesoamerica
"This book is an interdisciplinary tour-de-force that establishes the critical role astronomy played in the religious and civic lives of the ancient peoples of Mesoamerica. Providing examples of how pre-Columbian peoples merged ideas about the cosmos with those concerning calendar and astronomy, and showcases the value of detailed examinations of astronomical data for understanding ancient cultures."--Provided by publisher"--
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ Pr of Colorado
- ISBN-13: 9781607323785
- ISBN: 1607323788
- Publication Year: 2015