Cornell: A Circuition Around His Circumambulation
Prose. A homage to Joseph Cornell, best known for his boxes in which seemingly unrelated objects gathered on walks though New York -- stuffed birds, marbles, clay pipes, stamps, theater posters -- were fashioned into aviaries, pharmacies, hotels and penny arcades. In this series of prose meditations David Kennedy considers the boxes as structures of feeling and sets Cornell's work in the contect of other art and poetry inspired by city walking. Saddlestapled chapbook.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: West House Books
- ISBN-13: 9780953150953
- ISBN: 095315095X
- Publication Year: 2001