Cooking In The Lowcountry From The Old Post Office Restaurant: Spanish Moss Warm Nights And Fabulous Southern Food
The exquisite menu at The Old Post Office Restaurant on Edisto Island, SC, has garnered this one-of-a-kind establishment legions of fans from around the country. It has been written up in theNew York Times, Travel and Leisure, USA Today, Wine Spectator and Gourmet.This exciting new cookbook is part of the Roadfood Cookbook Series by Jane and Michael Stern, two of the most popular and successful food writers in America. Like a visit to this historic Southern island (less than an hour from Charleston),Lowcountry Cooking from The Old Post Office Restaurant contains more than 150 favorite recipes for Southern dishes with a classical twist, such as Fussed-Over Pork Chop, P.B.'s Ultimate Filet Mignon, Coca Cola Cake, and Key Lime Mousse. It includes an 8-page color insert.Chef Philip Bardin says, "Breads and desserts are prepared daily and all of the produce and seafood are local and the freshest available in the area. Our stone-ground grits - milled to our specifications - have been a specialty since 1988."Previous Roadfood cookbooks include: Blue Willow Inn Cookbook (1-55853-991-3),El Charo Cookbook (1-55853-992-1), Durgin-Park Cookbook (1-4016-0028-X),Harry Carey's Cookbook (1-4016-0095-6), Louie's Backyard Cookbook (1-4016-0038-7),Carbone's Cookbook (1-4016-0122-7), andThe Famous Dutch Kitchen Restaurant Cookbook (1-4016-0138-3).
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Roseville
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Rutledge Hill Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781401601461
- ISBN: 1401601464
- Publication Year: 2004