Controlling Public Expenditure: The Changing Roles Of Central Budget Agencies Better Guardians?
Despite the importance of the Central Budget Agency (CBA), there is little international comparative information and research to explain and help guide the performance revolution. The research presented here aims to fill that void. The chapters explore a range of countries, including those that have been among the most innovative and successful in reforming their public service. They answer the important questions of how CBAs have evolved and how the governance context in which they work is changing. Yet, the value of the research lies beyond a simple description of the budget process. The analysis of the staff, the management, their background, and their view of the work and organizational culture offers insights into the challenges that policymakers face as they move forward with reform.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Edward Elgar Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781843760436
- ISBN: 1843760436
- Publication Year: 2003