Conamara: The Unknown Country
This is a lavish, beautifully illustrated look at an tir aineoil -- the unknown country of Conamara, the Irish-speaking area (or Gaeltacht) west of Galway. The photographs were taken over a twenty-five year period and are primarily of the people themselves. They are the products and the bearers of a robust culture and tradition which has become fragile in our own time. It is a culture which the modernizing influences of the late twentieth century have tested to the full. The dual language (Irish-English) text provides in-depth information about the people and their way of life.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Dufour Editions
- ISBN-13: 9781900693394
- ISBN: 1900693399
- Publication Year: 2000
- Edition: ILL