Communicating Strategically: A Handbook For Police Executives
Getting the right message to the right audience effectively takes strategic planning. This book lays the foundation for developing police communication plans that better support agencies' efforts to engage citizens in public safety issues. The authors begin by discussing the public perception of police and how it is shaped mostly through the media. They propose a new model of internal and external communication and develop a detailed strategic plan right down to the hiring and retention of personnel. Case studies from small, medium, and large police agencies are included.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: CRC Pr I Llc
- ISBN-13: 9781439835968
- ISBN: 1439835969
- Publication Year: 2014
- Edition: 1