Grace Jones' The Collection, released in 2004 by the Spectrum offshoot of Universal U.K., found enough room for a demo of "Ring of Fire" (a Johnny Cash cover) but decided not to include "Pull Up to the Bumper," one of the singer's biggest singles (if not the biggest). It's one of few flaws, but it is a massive flaw, and it makes the disc a wasted opportunity. Otherwise, the disc covers a lot of ground, despite cutting off at 1982 (so "Slave to the Rhythm" isn't here, either). There's plenty of Compass Point-era coverage, with her spectacular covers of the Normal's "Warm Leatherette," Roxy Music's "Love Is the Drug," and Joy Division's "She's Lost Control" present. The lack of chronological sense is another drawback. ~ Andy Kellman, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Tyler
- Seller rating:
- Label: Fontana
- UPC: 602498107669