Closer Than A Kiss/This Game Of Love [Collectables]
This pairing of two of Vic Damone's Columbia albums spotlights both his strengths and weaknesses as a performer. Closer Than a Kiss showcases Damone's beautiful yet somewhat emotionally empty voice on a respectable but ultimately dull collection of standards. This Game of Love, however, may just be the best album that the crooner ever cut. Damone recorded the session with a small but superb jazz group that gives diverse backings to a strong selection of ballads and rhythm tunes. You wouldn't think that Vic Damone, the world's whitest white man, could be capable of spinning off a vibrant version of Fats Waller's "Ain't Misbehavin'," but he does. Thankfully, Damone and his crew of crack jazz musicians are as good on the rest of the album's 11 selections. Closer Than a Kiss may be far from essential, but This Game of Love is so good that vocal pop fans will still want to add this two-for-one CD to their collections. ~ Nick Dedina, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB U City
- Seller rating:
- Label: Collectables
- UPC: 090431753026